Now that the fandom has fallen in love with this man and his Twitter full of behind-the-scenes photos of Series 3 set construction, I think it’s time for…
6 THINGS YOU MAY NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT ARWEL WYN JONES!
1) Arwel is Sherlock's Production Designer. Other series for which he's been credited as a Production Designer include The Sarah Jane Adventures, Baker Boys, Sugartown, Upstairs Downstairs, and Wizards vs. Aliens.
2) Arwel was nominated for a 2011 BAFTA TV Award and a 2012 Primetime Emmy for his work on Sherlock. He won the 2011 BAFTA Cymru Award for Best Production Design for A Study in Pink.
3) The knife Sherlock uses to stab his mail in place on the mantel originally belonged to Arwel. He had to get a new one after his became a permanent part of the set.
4) Arwel’s favorite thing in 221B is the bison skull with earphones.
5) Until it was time to film Sherlock’s headstone in The Reichenbach Fall, Arwel kept it hidden at home. Which gets a little weird when you consider that…
6) Arwel may have been secretly working for Jim Moriarty.
[References: x, x, x]