Reichenbach A to Z is a game/challenge for Sherlock fans. Within a week of its original airdate, we’d nearly wrung The Reichenbach Fall episode dry looking for clues and hints about how Sherlock survived. There are a billion theory fragments out there, but they still need to be put together.
Are you brave enough to try? If so, let’s hear your complete theory of what happened from the beginning to the end of Sherlock’s plan to cheat death.
- Make it as complete as you can. Try not to cheat and leave big gaps in the theory. Even if it means filling holes with things like Sherlock sliding down the neck of a feral giraffe.
- The point isn’t to be right, but rather to just be fearless and go for it. So don’t be wishy-washy. Instead of saying “and then this happened, or maybe this, or possibly that” just choose your favorite alternative and act like it’s the definitive truth.
- You can write your theory, draw it, use screenshots, act it out with puppets… anything that makes you happy.
- Tag your theory post with #REICHENBACH A TO Z so the rest of us can find it. (Note that this has to be one of the first five tags on the post if you want it to show up in the tag stream. That’s just how Tumblr works.)
Because sometimes the tagging system goes astray, I’ll also attempt to keep a master list of Reichenbach A to Z theories on this page. If you’d like to have your post added to the list, give me the URL of your post here.
I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Reichenbach A to Z master list
Note: Some of these links no longer work. I’ve left them in the list for archival purposes, but they are marked with a strikethrough (
- finalproblem: Hey, Sherlockians—want to play a game?
- vanadiumxo: This is mainly a collection of thoughts I’ve pieced together.
- shivermepickles: This is my Reichenbach Theory & a theories masterlist
obsessive-monomaniac: This a comprehensive guide to the theories surrounding Sherlock Holmes’ survival in BBC One’s Sherlock series episode, the Reichenbach Fall. he-who-gave-malfoy-a-hug: Sherlock Theories claireandahalfling: So take it like Two Parallel timelines, part 1 & part 2 as well as Sherlock switched places!
- steinkind: My suggestion for the Reichenbach mystery…
knrose: 3rd’s Theory & 3rd’s Second Theory
- whumpresource: Sherlock Theory
- steampunk1850: Reichenbach: Final Problem…
- razormind: The Fall of Holmes
- gatissimo (formerly
tiersuptothemoon): The Final Problem (and one for the Whovians as well) marcoemnace: The Final Problem
- anonymiss221: Reichenbach solution: Answer in the why, not the how
- chords: Sherlock Theory
- lemuroption: The Reichenbach Fall: Mistake or Solution?
- a-red-panda (formerly
i-am-a-real-panda): My Reichenbach Theory
- dancetokeepwarm: My opinion on why the little girl screamed
- thenitsthebomb: Sherlock’s survival wild speculation post
- thescienceofreichenbach: No Ball, No Clones, No Fish: This Is My (Fringe) Theory On How Sherlock Survived the Fall
- whumpresource: These theories… I might love them.
- morlockholmes: On belay theory
- lilyofthewest: So… how do I think SH survived?
- stravaganza: So, this is probably just nonsense, but…
- rachebachfall: Update! and The very delayed Sniper Article, must read
zq-cumberbatch: This is my Reichenbach theory
- J: Rich Brook was an actor. (Incomplete?)
- pinkneonpost-its: More Reichenbach Speculations
- reborn-pure: My Reichenbach Theory(ies)
- hopelds: My own little bit of the Reichenbach Fall theory
- eva-christine: IOU Explanation – 53-8-92 – Grimm’s Fairy Tales Cipher and Reichenbach Explanation – Richard Brook was real – Rumpelstiltskin
- tarotas: Reichenbachtheory ” who are you” ? and The little girl cry, when she saw sherlock. The reason is…..
- upsanddowns97: How did Sherlock Know Moriarty Would Shoot Himself?
- generationoflostsouls: The Reichenbach Fall
- watchinglightning: Sherlock Theory